The best wireless earbuds have become increasingly popular in recent years, as they provide a convenient and cord-free way to listen to music or take phone calls on the go. Many wireless earbuds now come equipped with features specifically designed for making and receiving phone calls, including built-in microphones and noise-cancellation technology.
Table of Contents
When choosing the best wireless earbuds for phone calls, it’s important to consider factors such as call quality, battery life, comfort, and compatibility with your smartphone or another device. Some popular options for wireless earbuds with excellent call quality include the Sony Link Buds, Jabra Elite 7 Pro Buds, Google Pixel Buds Pro, Apple AirPods Pro Buds, Sony WF-1000XM4 Buds, Anker Sound Core Life P3i, Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 Pro.
Additionally, some wireless earbuds offer features such as touch controls, voice assistants, and water resistance, which can make them even more convenient for everyday use. Whether you’re looking for a budget-friendly option or a high-end pair of earbuds with all the bells and whistles, there are plenty of options to choose from.
How Can Choose The Best Wireless Earbuds for Phone Calls?
Choosing the best wireless earbuds for phone calls involves considering several factors to ensure good call quality, comfort, and overall performance. Here are some key factors to consider:
- Call Quality:
- Look for earbuds with excellent microphone quality. Multiple microphones, noise cancellation, and beamforming technology can contribute to better call clarity.
- Check reviews or user feedback specifically focusing on call quality.
- Noise Cancellation:
- Active noise cancellation (ANC) can help in reducing background noise during calls, ensuring that your voice comes through clearly.
- Consider the design and fit of the earbuds. Look for options with various ear tip sizes and styles to ensure a comfortable and secure fit.
- If you plan on using them for extended periods, choose earbuds with a design that suits your preferences, such as in-ear, on-ear, or over-ear.
- Battery Life:
- Ensure that the battery life is sufficient for your needs, especially if you plan to use them for long calls or throughout the day without frequent recharging.
- Check if the earbuds use Bluetooth 5.0 or higher for a more stable and efficient connection. Some earbuds also support multipoint connectivity, allowing you to connect to multiple devices simultaneously.
- Ensure that the earbuds are compatible with your smartphone and its operating system. Some features, like seamless integration with voice assistants, may be platform-specific.
- Controls and Ease of Use:
- Consider the controls available on the earbuds. Touch controls or physical buttons should be easy to use, and you should be able to answer calls, adjust volume, and control playback effortlessly.
- Brand Reputation:
- Consider reputable brands that are known for producing high-quality audio products. Read reviews and check customer feedback to get an idea of the earbuds’ performance.
- Water and Sweat Resistance:
- If you plan to use the earbuds during workouts or in different environments, consider models with at least some degree of water and sweat resistance.
- Additional Features:
- Some earbuds come with additional features such as touch gestures, voice assistant integration, or customizable sound profiles. Consider if these features are important to you.
By considering these factors and weighing your priorities, you can find wireless earbuds that not only provide excellent phone call quality but also meet your preferences for comfort, features, and budget.
7 Best Wireless Earbuds for Phone Calls – Complete Buying Guide
1. Sony Link Buds
The Sony Link Buds sport one of the most unique designs around having a hole right in the middle of them this is designed to let the outside sound seep in so you can remain aware of your environment without having to remove your earbuds.
every time it helps with overall situation awareness but it’s also G for calls because you can hear your voice any of the muddiness that typically comes with earbuds that seal your ear canals the open design delivers an Airy sound feels more natural than earbuds with a closed design the biggest factor.
However, is the automatic volume control the earbuds adjust to the noise outside and raise your volume when it’s loud then reduce it when the noise subsides this way you don’t have to fiddle with the volume control for every little change in the environment.
The unique design is cool but it also becomes a downside as you hear every noise in the environment without an option to turn on ANC.
2. Jabra Elite 7 Pro Buds
The Jabra Elite 7 Pro Buds offer everything you need in earbuds but at a lower price tag, they’re comfortable to wear so for those itchy irritating ears after long phone calls the best part is the multi-sensor voice technology.
which uses an extra set of bone conduction mix when the condition gets windy these mixes kick in giving the Jabra Elite 7 Pro Buds a way to avoid all of that extra wind noise which is further boosted by the excellent ANC that you control through the Sound Plus app.
The customizable settings are a huge plus for users who like their calls to sound a particular way you don’t have to worry about noise eater the ANC works well even in the loudest of settings but like most other earbuds you get the best call quality in relatively quieter environments one of the biggest differentiating features is the microphone mute option which almost no other popular earbuds have this lets you mute your sound for a while.
3. Google Pixel Buds Pro
If you’re an Android user the Google Pixel Buds Pro are a good option for calling overall along with a gorgeous look in vivid color the pixel buds pro and press with great ANC and clear sound quality especially when you’re indoor doors they aren’t excellent in super noisy condition but still maintain decent sound clarity.
The Google Pixel Buds Pro is always compared to the AirPods Pro and does fall short in terms of noise cancellation and overall sound quality but this doesn’t mean the pixels buds Pro is bad the transparency features are top-notch and switching.
The ANC on and off is fairly easy Android users also get Bluetooth multi-point connection and Google renowned voice assistant features that make both calls and music easier and more enjoyable to listen to the biggest plus point here may be the battery life that beats the better sounding Airpods pro 2. You typically get 7 hours of use with ANC and impressive 11 hours.
4. Apple AirPods Pro Buds
Apple AirPods Pro is a great option for phone calls. They come equipped with two microphones in each earbud that use advanced algorithms to filter out background noise and focus on your voice. This means you can take calls even in noisy environments, such as on a busy street or in a crowded cafe.
In addition, AirPods Pro also has active noise cancellation technology, which further reduces external noise and helps you stay focused on your conversation. The earbuds also have a transparency mode, which allows you to hear your surroundings without having to remove them.
AirPods Pro is also easy to use for phone calls. They have touch controls that allow you to answer or end calls, as well as control the volume and playback of music. They also seamlessly switch between your iPhone, iPad, and Mac, making it easy to take calls on any device.
Overall, if you’re looking for a high-quality and convenient option for phone calls, the Apple AirPods Pro is definitely worth considering.
5. Sony WF-1000XM4 Buds
The Sony WF-1000XM4 Buds have featured prominently in our best earbuds list owing to their rich sound quality and high-quality IDAC Bluetooth codec this ensures you enjoy smooth calling as well as hearing the finer details.
When listening to music the noise cancellation and transparency mode also work well letting you seamlessly switch between paying attention to the call and being aware of your surrounding in fact the earbuds automatically detect when you begin speaking and pause the music so you don’t need to remove the earbuds.
If a friend stops by moreover all these settings are also easy to customize through the app making this one of the most essays to use pairs of earbuds for calls you can find the charging speed and battery life don’t disappoint either they run for eight hours with ANC on and 12 hours with ANC off putting them quite ahead of competition like the AirPods Pro 2. The best charging takes it even further.
6. Anker Sound Core Life P3i
If you’re looking for an efficient and comfortable pair of earbuds for calls Anker Sound Core Life P3i might be the best option for you these earbuds have excellent features that make hands-free business calls convenient including easy-to-use button control.
These earbuds feature hybrid noise reduction and Ford noise-canceling microphones making them the best earbuds for calls in order to improve call quality the four dedicated mic features annoy isolating artificial intelligence algorithms with this setup you get a clean voice pickup.
This is important because the microphone isn’t close to your mouth hybrid ANC and AI work together to make sure you can hear incoming audio clearly so you don’t have to raise your voice the Anker Sound Core Life P3i earbuds are easily paired with any Bluetooth and you can even use one earbud at a time with the tactile control buttons on.
The earbuds can adjust the volume to take or reject calls and activities the active noise cancellation furthermore at only 5 grams the earbuds are extremely lightweight and comfortable to wear for prolonged periods of time. The earbuds provide 9 hours of battery life and the charging case provides around 27 hours overall these are good earbuds at a reasonable price.
7. Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 Pro
If you’re a Samsung Galaxy user this one’s a no brainer going with the Galaxy Buds 2 Pros will give good call quality and essay pairing with Galaxy phones the galaxy app also makes everything easy to adjust giving you full control over the noise cancellation and transparency mode which is ideal for making sure your call sounds right.
The galaxy buds 2 Pros aren’t the best in the market but you get some cool features like 24-bit audio 360 audio its version of spatial and head tracking for an improved listening experience automatic voice detection is also quite useful turning the transparency mode on and lowering the volume if you start talking to someone in front of you the five hours run time with ANC on won’t let.
Wireless earbuds have become increasingly popular in recent years for their convenience, portability, and advanced features. When it comes to phone calls, wireless earbuds can offer several benefits over traditional wireless earbuds, including:
- Hands-free calling: Wireless earbuds allow you to make and receive phone calls without having to hold your phone or use a wired headset.
- Noise cancellation: Many wireless earbuds offer advanced noise-cancellation technology, which can help reduce background noise and make it easier to hear and be heard during phone calls.
- Voice assistant integration: Some wireless earbuds have built-in voice assistants, such as Siri or Google Assistant, which allow you to make calls, send messages, and perform other tasks hands-free.
- Long battery life: Many wireless earbuds have long battery life, which means you can use them for extended periods without needing to recharge.
- Comfort and fit: Wireless earbuds come in a variety of sizes and styles to fit different ear shapes and sizes, and some even come with interchangeable ear tips to ensure a comfortable and secure fit.
Overall, wireless earbuds can be a great choice for phone calls, offering convenience, comfort, and advanced features that can help you stay connected on the go. However, it’s important to consider factors such as battery life, sound quality, and compatibility with your phone before making a purchase decision.